- 1 l jar of sauerkraut
- 1 medium onion
- Few dried mushrooms
- Bay leaf
- All spice
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup of chicken/veggie stock
- 150 g bacon
- Drain the sauerkraut and rinse if it is too sour for your taste. Chop if necessary.
- Chop the onion finely, add to a medium size pot and fry on couple tbs of oil until tender.
- Add cabbage, stock and all the spices. Give it a good stir and cook on medium for around 45 minutes or until the cabbage gets tender. Stir from time to time to prevent burning.
- Cut the bacon into small pieces and fry until crisp.
- Add bacon to the cabbage, stir and you are ready to serve!
Enjoy with a freshly baked bread or over mashed potatoes!