- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of golden sugar
- 1/2 cup of soft butter
- 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt
- Zest from 1 lemon
- Juice from one lemon
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup of icing sugar
- Few tbs of lemon juice
- Candied lemon or orange peel
- Whisk flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda together and set aside.
- Add eggs and sugar to the bowl and mix with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add yogurt, lemon juice, lemon peal and very soft butter and mix until all is combined.
- Add the flour mixture and mix just until all is incorporated.
- Butter the babka baking mould and dust with some flour. Transfer the batter to prepared form and bake in preheated oven to 180 C/350 F for 40 minutes.
- Let it cool on the cooling rack before glazing.
- Add a tsp of lemon juice at the time to the icing sugar until you get to the right consistency to glaze the cake. Decorate with candied lemon or orange peal.