- 3 and 1/2 cups of flour 520 g
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of lukewarm milk 250 ml
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of melted butter 60 g
- zest of one orange
- 1/4 cup of orange juice
- 1 and 1/2 tsp of dry instant yeast
- 1 cup of raisins
- 1/4 cup of poppy seeds
- Add flour and salt to the bowl of a stand mixer and whisk to combine.
- Add all the remaining ingredients except the raisins and using a hook attachment knead for about 5 minutes, you should get smooth ball of dough.
- Add raisins and kneed for another minute or so. You might need to knead it by hand to evenly distribute the raisins.
- Oil the bowl and the dough. Cover and let it rise until doubled in size.
- If using panettone moulds divide the dough in two or you can place it in oiled 9 inch round baking pan. If you want to use bundt cake pan you will need to divide the dough as well.
- Spray the dough with a non stick spray, cover and let it rise until tripled in size.
- Brush with an egg wash and bake in preheated oven to 180c/350f for about 45 minutes or until golden brown. When you tap on the top of the cake and the sound is hollow the cake is ready! You might have to cover the cake with aluminum foil to prevent burning, keep an eye on it after 20 minutes!
- Let them cool on a wire rack.
- You can dust it with some icing sugar if you need a bit more sweetness!