- 2 cups of pumpkin purée
- 2 to 3 cups of chicken or veggie stock
- 1/2 an onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbs of olive oil
- 1/4 tsp of nutmeg
- Salt and pepper
- Sour cream
- Cut few thick slices of white bread in to small cubes. Arrange on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the oven preheated to 200c/400f until golden brown. Set the croutons aside.
- In a medium saucepan add oil and heat it up.
- Chop the onion and garlic very finely and add it to the oil. Cook until tender and translucent.
- Add pumpkin purée and stir. Add chicken stock, season with nutmeg, salt and pepper and cook for about 25 minutes on medium heat.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream and croutons.