- 6 Apples
- 1/4 cup of Sugar
- 1 tsp of Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp of Ground cloves
- pinch of salt
- few tbs of lemon juice (optional)
- 450 g of Puff pastry (one box)
- 1 egg for an egg wash
- 1/2 cup Icing sugar
- 1 tbs of lemon juice
- few tsp of hot water
- Peal off and quarter the apples. Remove the seeds.
- Grate on a box greater or purée in a food processor.
- Transfer to a frying pan, add all the spices and cook on low for about 20 minutes. If your apples are very sweet add few tbs of lemon juice to taste. Set aside to cool down completely.
- Roll the puff pastry a bit and cut in squares. Fill each square with around 1 tbs (a little bit less than tbs) of apple stuffing. Seal the edges with a egg wash creating little triangles.
- Arrange all the triangles on a baking sheet lined with a parchment paper. Brush with an egg wash.
- Bake in preheated oven to 200C/400F for around 20 min or until puffed up and golden brown.
- Mix icing sugar with lemon juice and hot water until you get smooth glaze. Add more sugar if it is too runny or more lemon juice if it is too thick.
- Glaze the turnovers and let them stand for 15 min for the glaze to set.
- They are perfect served still warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.