- 1,5 kg pork ribs
- oil for frying
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of tomato paste
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 large onion
- 1 tbs of molasses
- 1/4 cup of water
- salt and pepper
- Wash the ribs and cut into smaller pieces.
- Season with salt and refrigerate for an hour.
- After an hour fry the meat on couple tbs of oil for couple of minutes each side.
- Remove the meat from the pan and on the same oil fry finely chopped onion until it softens.
- Add grated garlic and stir for around 30 seconds.
- Add honey, lemon juice, tomato paste and molases and stir until all is all combined.
- Cook on medium heat for couple minutes before you season it with salt and pepper.
- Add water and stir.
- Cook on medium low for around 15 minutes.
- Transfer some sauce on the bottom of the slow cooker and then add meat covering each piece in the sauce.
- Cook in the slow cooker for 6 hours.
- Serve with green salad and baked or mashed potatoes.