- 300 g ground beef
- 300 g ground pork
- 1/2 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tsp majoram
- 1 thick slice of stale bread
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- Crumble the bread and soak in milk.
- Chop the onion very finely and grate the garlic. Fry on couple of tbs of oil for few minutes or until soft and translucent.
- Transfer the meat into a mixing bowl.
- Add soaked bread to the meat, onion, marjoram and egg. Season with salt and pepper. Mix until all is well combined and refrigerate for about an hour.
- Use ice-cream scoop to form balls. Arrange the balls on lightly greased parchment paper or silicone mat.
- Bake in preheated oven to 200 C/ 400 F for 25 minutes or until no longer pink in centre.
- You can serve as is or with tomato or mushroom sauce!