For the bread dough
- 1 and 1/3 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 tsp of instant dry yeast
For the topping
- 1 onion
- 2 tbs of oil for frying
- 1 cup of crumbled feta cheese
- Add all the ingredients for the bread dough into you stand mixer fitted with dough hook attachment and make the mixer run on medium speed for 5 minutes.
- Form a ball of dough, oil a bowl and the dough. Transfer the ball of dough into the oiled bowl, cover with a plastic wrap and set in a warm place to double in size.
- Chop the onion and fry on the frying pan with couple of tbs of oil until onion gets soft and golden brown. Let it cool down before you mix it wit the crumbled feta.
- When your dough doubled in size lightly flour your working surface. Transfer the dough on the surface and flatten with your hand until around 1 to 2 cm thick. Cut the circles around 5 cm in diameter. Place about half a tbs of feta and onion mixture on top of each circle.
- Bake in the oven preheated to 180 C/350 F for 25 to 30 minutes ( until the buns are nice and golden.