- 3/4 cup warm milk (180 ml)
- 1 tsp active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup sugar (50g)
- 1/4 cup melted butter (55g)
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/2 tablespoon brandy, rum, vodka or vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Icing sugar (60g)
- 2 tbs Lemon juice
- Jam of your choice
- Add yeast to warm milk, stir to dissolve and set aside.
- After 5 minutes add flour, salt and sugar to a bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the dough attachment and mix it for about 30 seconds.
- Add vanilla extract, egg yolks, melted butter, vinegar and milk and yeast mixture and Knead until smooth and elastic, around 5 minutes.
- Place dough in a greased bowl. Cover and let rise until doubled in bulk, anywhere from 1 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Line your baking sheet with a parchment paper and spray with a nonstick spray.
- Transfer the dough onto lightly floured surface. Roll to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut rounds with 3-inch biscuit cutter. Remove scraps, and re-roll and re-cut.
- Arrange your donuts on prepared baking sheet, leaving space to rise. Butter the tops, cover with a plastic wrap.
- let rounds rise until doubled in bulk, 30 minutes or longer.
- Bake in preheated oven to 180C/350F for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden.
- Let them cool on the wired rack before icing.
- Using a pastry bag, squeeze in a dollop of the filling of choice and glaze with icing sugar glaze or dust with icing sugar.
- You can freeze paczki before or after baking.