- 1 cup of milk
- 1/4 cup of finely ground coffee
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 tbs of icing sugar
- 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp of icing sugar
- Cocoa powder
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan bring the milk almost to boil. Take off the heat. Add coffee, mix and let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Bring the milk and coffee back to the stove and add 1 cup of cream. Stir and bring almost to boil again.
- Whisk the egg yolks with 3 tbs of icing sugar until creamy and light yellow. Very slowly add the hot coffee mixture to the beaten egg yolks constantly whisking.
- Strain and transfer to 4 ramekins.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C/350 degrees F.
- Bake covered with aluminum foil, in a water bath for 40 minutes.
- Let it cool down and refrigerate for an hour before serving.
- Serve with whipped cream, dusted with cocoa powder.