- 4 egg whites/120g
- 1 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbs icing sugar
- 1/2 cup roasted, salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup of masa krowkowa/dulce de leche
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Draw a 9-inch tall heart shape on the parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites until stiff but not dry. Make sure that all your utensils and bowl is clean of any grease and that your egg whites are room temperature.
- Gradually add in the sugar, about 1 tablespoon at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat until thick and glossy.
- Gently fold in vanilla extract, lemon juice, and cornstarch.
- Spoon mixture inside the your shape drawn on the parchment paper.
- Bake for 1 hour. Turn off the oven and let it cool down completely in the oven.
- In a small bowl, beat heavy cream until stiff peaks and set aside.
- Place meringue on a flat serving plate. Fill the center of the meringue with whipped cream.
- Chop the peanuts finely and sprinkle over the whipped cream.
- Warm up your masa krowkowa/dulce de leche in a microwave if it is to thick to drizzle. Usually takes about 20 sec for me.
- Drizzle on top of cream and peanuts.
- Serve right away.