- 250 g walnuts
- 250 g almonds
- 180 g icing sugar
- 3 egg whites
- pinch of salt
- 2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice
- halves of pecans or walnuts for decoration
- 1. Process walnuts and almonds in a food processor until they look like a flour. Add pumpkin spice and pulse few time to combine.
- Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff peaks and then add the icing sugar tablespoon at a time. Take 1/3 of a cup of whites and set aside
- Add the egg whites to the nuts in a food processor and process until the dough forms a ball.
- Dust your working surface with icing sugar and roll the dough to 1/2 cm thick.
- Cut the stars and transfer on the baking sheet lined with a parchment paper. Brush the top of the cookies with reserved egg white and decorate with halves of pecans.
- Bake in preheated oven to 160 C/320 F for 12 to 16 minutes.
- Cool down on a cooling wrack.