- 2 cups of milk
- 2 tbs of sugar
- 1 packet of vanilla sugar
- 2 tbs of white flour
- 2 tbs of corn starch
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- whipped cream, sprinkles and fresh fruit for serving
- In a mixing bowl put one cup milk, flour, corn starch, egg yolks and vanilla and mix until well combined. If you can't get rid of clumps, run it through the sieve.
- In a medium saucepan, bring milk to a boil and add sugar and vanilla sugar.
- Stir until dissolved and almost boiling.
- Reduce heat and add egg mixture.
- Continue to cook and stir until thickened, around 2 minutes.
- Let it cool down to room temperature, covered with plastic wrap not to form the crust.
- Transfer into serving bowls and garnish with whipped cream and fresh fruits or store in the refrigerator for later use. You can use it as a base for a pastry cream.