- 250g of honey 3/4 cup
- 250g of brown sugar 1 and 1/2 cup lightly packed
- 115g butter 1/2 cup
- 600g all purpose flour 4 cups
- 4 tsp pumpkin spice
- 2 tbs of coco powder
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 200g of icing sugar
- Put the honey, butter and sugar in a heavy bottom saucepan and heat on low until the sugar is melted and all is well combined. Set aside to cool down.
- Add flour, pumpkin spice, coco powder and baking powder in a food processor. Pour honey mixture in and add the egg. Process until you get a ball of dough and then 30 more seconds.
- Cut the dough into two equal pieces, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for around 12 hours.
- Cut your house parts from a cardboard.
- Line two baking sheets with a parchment paper.
- Take the dough out of the fridge and let it stand for 5 minutes. Knead the dough few times before rolling to make it more pliable.
- Roll the dough and cut the parts of the house with a knife or a pizza cutter.
- Bake in preheated to 180 degrees C oven for12 to 15 minutes.
- Let it cool completely before building the house.
- Beat the egg white until stiff peaks and then start adding icing sugar while still beating.
- Use piping bag or a ziplock bag with a corner cut off to glue your house!
- Let the icing set after you build the house before you start decorating.