- turkey (I had 5.5 kg)
- 1 tbs of salt
- 1 tbs of Vegeta spice
- 2 lemons
- 2 cups of sunflower oil (any flavourless will be fine)
- green salad
- 1 can of peaches in a syrup (halves)
- cranberry sauce
- Wash throughly your turkey and poke wholes with a fork all over it.
- Place the turkey in a large bowl. Rub salt and vegeta spice all over the turkey and set it aside.
- Mix the oil with juice of two lemons and pour it over the turkey. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and keep in the fridge for two days, turning the turkey over every few hours.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 F) and bake the turkey for around 2 hours. Every 20 minutes pour around 1/4 cup of ice cold water over your bird. If it browns too quickly bring the temperature down to 160 C (320 F).
- Serve on the platter decorated with green salad and peaches with some cranberry sauce.