- 450 g smooth ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup, 120 g sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup of soft butter
- Pinch of salt.
- Vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup, 30 g corn starch
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Separate the eggs. Keep 2 egg whites and 2 tbs of sugar separately. Beat remaining egg whites with pinch of salt until stiff peaks. Set aside.
- Add vanilla and 6 tbs of sugar to the egg yolks and beat until thick and pale.
- Beat butter with the rest of sugar until fluffy. Add ricotta cheese to the butter and mix until incorporated.
- Add egg yolk mixture, beaten egg whites and sifted corn starch. Mix on low just until combined.
- Line your muffin baking pan with paper liners and using an ice cream scoop transfer your batter evenly.
- Bake 30 min in 180 degrees celsius oven.
- Beat the remaining 2 egg whites with 2 tbs of sugar until stif peaks. Add 1 tsp of lemon juice and fold it in.
- Take your cupcakes out of the oven and decorate with egg whites. You can pipe it or get crazy with a spoon.
- Return to the oven for additional 12 min. Turn off the oven and let the cupcakes cool down completely in the oven.
- Drizzle with a bit of melted chocolate and serve.