- 300 g split peas
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 medium parsley roots
- half of a celery root
- half of an onion
- 200 g of smoked bacon
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbs of marjoram
- salt and pepper
- bread for croutons
- Wash the peas and soak them in water overnight.
- Cook the peas on medium heat until tender (40 minutes to an hour).
- Wash and peal off your vegetables, cut them in smaller pieces and place in a pot together with the bacon.
- Cook on medium high heat for about 50 minutes, until the vegetables are nice and tender.
- Strain your vegetables.
- When your peas are tender, add garlic, carrots, parsley root, onion, strained stock and split peas to the food processor.
- Process it until soup is nice and creamy.
- Add marjoram, salt and pepper and mix.
- Bring it back to the stove and cook for another 10 to 15 minutes.
- Cut the bread in half an inch cubes and broil in the oven for couple of minutes until they turn golden brown.
- Serve the soup with cut bacon and topped with croutons.