- 2 cups milk
- 3/4 cups rice
- 3/4cup of brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of corn starch
- 8 plums
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup of bread crumbs
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- oil for frying
- In a saucepan add milk, rice, half of the sugar, vanilla essence and pinch of salt. Cook until the milk is gone and rice is very tender. ( add more milk if needed). Stir often to prevent burning. Let the rice cool completely.
- Remove seeds of your plums.
- Separate the eggs.
- Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff peaks and set aside.
- Beat the egg yolks with sugar until thick and creamy.
- Mix the rice with egg yolks then egg whites and then sift in the corn starch. Work the dough until smooth.
- With an ice cream scoop take your dough and form balls, stick one piece of plum in each ball of dough, making sure that the whole piece of fruit is covered.
- Dip the balls in the bread crumbs mixed with cinnamon, refrigerate for 30 min and then deep fry for few minutes on both sides.
- Drain on a paper towel and serve warm dusted with icing sugar.