For the Base:
- 60 g sourdough starter 1/2 cup
- 90 g rye flour 1/2 cup
- 90 g water 1/2 cup
For the Dough:
- 3 and 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 and 1/4 cup of water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp yeast (optional)
- Mix your starter with water and flour and leave for about 8 hours. I usually leave it overnight.
- In a bowl of your stand mixer add together the base, salt, sugar, yeast, water and flour. Knead on low speed for about 10 minutes. Oil round baking dish or spray with non stick spray.
- Transfer your dough into the dish and cover. Put it in a warm place for few hours.
- Transfer your dough not the baking sheet covered with a parchment paper, cover with a tea towel and let it rest for an hour.
- After the dough have risen preheat your oven to 200 degrees celsius and place deep baking pan filled half way with hot water on the bottom shelf of your oven. Cut the top of your loafs with a very sharp knife and bake on the middle rack for about 40 minutes.