- 1 cup milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 2 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring the milk and vanilla to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk the egg yolks and the sugar together until a ribbon forms when the whisk is lifted from the mixture.
- Whisk constantly while slowly pouring the hot milk into the yolk-sugar mixture.
- Return the mixture to the saucepan. Over low heat, stir constantly with a wooden spoon until the mixture thickens.
- Serve over pudding, fresh fruits, ice cream or chill and use later.