- 800 g of chicken legs
- 200 g of chicken liver
- 3 eggs
- 1 onion
- carrot, celery, parsley
- all spice
- few dried mushrooms
- few peppercorns
- bay leaf
- 1 stale dinner roll
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp of marjoram
- sliced almonds for decoration
- In a large pot cook together your chicken, carrot, parsley, celery, half a onion, dried mushrooms, all spice, peppercorns, bay leaf and teaspoon of salt until the meat comes of the bones easily (around one hour).
- Chop the remaining half of the onion and fry on 2 tbs of oil until soft and glossy. Add washed chicken liver and cook for around 5 minutes until cooked through
- Drain your chicken and vegetables saving the stock. When your chicken cooled down a little bit, take the meet off the bones.
- Grind the meats (chicken and liver) and vegetables and soaked in stock dinner rolls twice. You can process it in a food processor until nice and creamy.
- Separate the eggs and beat your egg whites until stiff picks.
- Add egg yolks to your meat mixture.
- Add grated garlic, marjoram, nutmeg and salt and pepper if needed.
- Mix everything and at the end add egg whites and fold in gently.
- Line your loaf pan with aluminum foil and spray with non stick spray. Transfer your meat mixture, spread evenly and sprinkle with sliced almonds.
- Bake in preheated oven to 180 C for about an hour.