- 2 cups of flour or more
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tbs of sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 /4 cup of beer
- pinch of salt
- oil for frying
- Beat egg yolks with sugar until creamy, thick and pale yellow.
- Add vanilla, sour cream, and beer in a stand mixer.
- Gradually add flour, until you get a firm dough and process it with a paddle attachment for about 5 min.
- Place the dough in a bowl and cover. Leave it in a cool place for an hour.
- Roll out the dough till it is very thin and cut 2 x 7 inch strips.
- Make a slit in the middle of each strip and pull one end through it.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan and Fry 4 to 5 strips to the oil, at a time. Fry on both the sides.
- Remove and transfer on a paper towel.
- Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar and serve.