- 5 egg whites
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 and 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 130 degrees C. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites on high speed until soft peaks form.
- Add the sugar gradually, while continuing to whip. Make sure sugar is completely dissolved.
- Mix in the cornstarch and lightly fold into meringue with lemon juice and vanilla extract.
- Using piping bag, create your meringue cookies the way you like them.
- Bake for an hour and then let them dry in the closed oven for another hour at least.