- 250 grams of poppy seed
- 50 grams silvered almonds 50
- 50 grams hazelnuts 50
- 50 grams cashews 50
- 50 grams raisins 50
- 50 grams dried cranberries
- 50 grams dried apricot
- 1/4 cups of honey
- 3 tbs of butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Soak the raisins in a hot water.
- Transfer your poppy seeds into a pot and cover with boiling water. Bring to the stove and cook on medium heat for about 40 minutes.
- Line your sieve with a cheese cloth and drain your cooked poppy seeds. Leave it for couple of hours to get rid of the excess water.
- Transfer your drained poppy seed into your food processor and process it until your poppy seeds get creamy (around 5 minutes).
- Chop your nuts and dried fruits finely. You can use your food processor with a pulse option for the nuts.
- In a large pot melt your butter and add honey. Heat it up and remove from the stove. Add your poppy seeds, nuts, dried fruits, raisins and vanilla and stir until all is well combined.
- Cool and store in the fridge until you are ready to use it. You can freeze it for up to 6 months.