- 500 grams of white mushrooms
- Half of a large onion
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream
- 1 tbs of bread crumbs
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup of lukewarm milk
- 2 tsp yeast
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of melted butter
- 4 cups of white all- purpose flour 600 grams
- 1 egg
- poppy seeds
- Chop your onions finely. Process your washed mushrooms in a food processor or chop them very finely.
- Melt the butter in high side skillet and then add the onions. Cook until it gets soft and glossy. Add the mushrooms and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir and cook for around 10 minutes. Add the heavy cream and keep cooking for around 30 minutes or until all liquid evaporates.
- When the mushrooms are ready add bread crumbs, stir for 30 seconds and turn off the heat. Let it cool.
- Sprinkle yeast over milk and let stand for 5 minutes.
- To your stand mixer add flour, sugar, salt, eggs, melted butter and your activated yeast. Mix with a dough hook until the dough gets smooth and elastic.
- let it rise until it doubles in size.
- punch down, knead it few times and form little balls and set them on the baking sheet covered with parchment paper. with your finger make hole in the middle and put a ball of mushroom filling inside. Brush with lightly beaten egg and sprinkle with poppy seeds. let it stand for 15 min before baking.
- Bake in preheated oven to 180 degrees Celsius for 15 minutes.