For the batter:
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup of water
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbs of melted butter
For the filling:
- 1 and 1/2 cups of Ricotta cheese (500 grams)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbs icing sugar
- raisins (optional)
For the caramel:
- 3 tbs sugar
- 3 tbs butter
- 3 tbs water
- Add water, milk, eggs, melted butter, flour and salt into your food processor. Process it until all is well incorporated and then set aside for at least half an hour to rest.
- Put your egg in a cup and pour boiling water to cover it completely Keep it in the water for around 30 seconds. We want to kill all the bacteria in case we will not fry the crepes long enough with the cheese filing. Just to be on the safe side.
- Separate your egg. You will need only the egg yolk.
- Add your ricotta cheese in to the mixing bowl and then add the vanilla, egg yolk, icing sugar, salt and raisins (optional). Mix until all is well incorporated.
- Batter your frying pan and fry thin crepes. Pour batter on hot frying pan and spread it around with a circular motion. Fry about a minute or until you see that the crepe is sliding on the pan and when you lift one side it is nice golden brown colour then flip and fry around 30 seconds on the other side. You should get around 10 crepes.
- Spread the cheese filling on half of your crepe and fold in in half and then again in half. prepare all the crepes before preparing caramel.
- Onto your frying pan add sugar, butter and water and cook until it gets amber colour. Put 4 crepes and fry one minute on each side.
- Serve with fresh fruits and whipped cream.