- 4 medium apples (around 500grams)
- 1 and 1/2 cup of flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- oil for frying
- 2 tbs powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Beat eggs, milk and vanilla extract until frothy.
- Add flour and mix until everything is well incorporated.
- Let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Wash and peal your apples. Remove the core and slice the apples in half of a cm thick slices.
- In a high sides frying pan heat up, on medium high heat, about half an inch deep oil.
- Dip apple slices in batter and fry until golden brown (around 2 minutes a side)
- Set on a paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Mix your icing sugar with cinnamon and sift it over ready apples.