For the dough:
- 2 cups of white all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup of white granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup of lukewarm milk
- 1 1/2 tsp of instant yeast
- 2 tbs of white all purpose flour
- 2 tbs of white granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup of melted butter
For the filling:
- 2 cups of blueberries
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 2 tbs of flour
For the topping:
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 tbs of sugar
- In a small mixing bowl add milk, 2 tbs of sugar, 2 tbs of flour and yeast. Mix until well combined. Set aside to start foaming. ( around 20 minutes)
- In to the bowl of your stand mixer add all the ingredients for the dough except melted butter. Add yeast mixture and mix with a paddle attachment until all is well combined.
- Add melted butter and mix for another couple of minutes.
- Spray with oil and cover with a kitchen towel. Let rise until doubled in size (around 2 hours).
- Mix your blueberries with sugar and flour.
- Sprinkle the dough with a little bit of flour and knead with a dough attachment until the dough is smooth and elastic. (around 5 minutes).
- Transfer the dough on to your working surface sprinkled with some flour. Knead it few more times and then roll into 0.5 cm thicksquare. Cut squares around 5 to 7 cm in size.
- Fold around 1 tbs of blueberries in to the dough squares forming nice buns.
- Place them on the baking sheet covered with parchment paper leaving them space to rise. Spray tops with non-stick spray.
- Let them rise for about 20 minutes.
- Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with some sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven to 180 degree Celsius for 20 minutes.