- 4 cups of milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 1/2 cup of icing sugar
- 1/2 cup of butter
- candied fruits or dried fruits or nuts
- Prepare your fruits or nuts cutting them into small pieces. Leave some for decorating.
- Remove the seeds from vanilla bean and place it in the saucepan. Pour the milk over vanilla and add sour cream and egg yolks. Mix to combine well.
- Cook over medium-low to low heat, stirring often until the mixture fully forms curds and the whey separates. This may take more than 60 minutes. Remove from the heat and let it cool.
- Remove the vanilla bean.
- Drain the mixture into a colander lined with several layers of cheese cloth. Use the cloth to shape into a ball and twist the top to remove excess moisture. Place a plate on top and weight it down with a jar full of water. Refrigerate it for about 2 hours.
- Beat the butter with sugar until creamy and slowly add your refrigerated vanilla cheese.
- Add dried fruits and mix well.
- Transfer into a colander lined with several layers of cheese cloth. Level nicely the top and cover with the excess of cheesecloth. Put the plate on top, weigh it down with a jar again. Refrigerate over night.
- Place on the serving plate, unwrap gently and decorate.