For the cake:
- 250 g butter
- 1 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbs sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp of pure almond extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
For the glaze:
- 1/2 cup chocolate
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 tbs corn syrup
- 2 tbs heavy cream
- To your stand mixer with a paddle attachment add butter and sugar and mix for 30 seconds.
- Add egg, almond extract salt and sour cream and mix for another 30 seconds.
- Add both flours and mix until well incorporated.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Spray your baking tray 8 in by 8 in generously with a non stick spray and line it with parchment paper.
- Place your refrigerated dough in the tray and pressing with your fingers fill the tray evenly. Make a nice rant to hold the chocolate glaze later
- .Bake 20 minutes in 200 degrees C.
- Cool completely before removing from the pan and glazing with chocolate.
- In a small saucepan add all the ingredients for the glaze and on the low heat mix constantly until chocolate and butter melted and the glaze is smooth. Pour over your mazurek and decorate with sliced almonds.