- 4 cups apple cider
- 1 orange
- 6 cinnamon sticks
- around 12 whole cloves
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar plus more for cups decoration
- one shot of rum per serving
- a bit of honey to decorate the mug
- Wash the orange, cut it in half and stick the cloves in to the skin of the orange.
- Pour the cider in to the saucepan and add sugar, mix.
- Add cinnamon sticks and oranges (skin side down).
- Cook on medium heat for about 20 minutes.
- Dip the edge of the mug in a honey and then in a sugar.
- Serve hot with a shot of rum. You can decorate it with some more orange and cinnamon sticks!