- 500 g un-rendered lard
- 1 onion
- 1 apple
- 1/2 tsp marjoram
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Cut the lard into small cubes.
- Fry on medium high heat until cracklings start to darken (10 to 15 min).
- Stir from time to time to prevent burning.
- Add finely chopped onion and fry until onion gets soft and glossy.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add grated apple and marjoram and fry stirring for additional 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl, air tight container or a mason jar and let it cool down completely.
- Keep in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. Serve spread over fresh bread!
Please follow and like us: