- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- 1/3 cup of olive oil (80 ml)
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup (60 ml)
- 3 cups of flour (450 g)
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 and 1/2 tsp of instant yeast
- 1 cup of nuts (100 g)
- Camembert or Brie Cheese
- Cranberry Sauce
- Add flour and salt to the bowl of a stand mixer. Give it a whisk and then add all the remaining ingredients for the dough except the nuts.
- Knead for about 5 minutes or until you get elastic and almost smooth ball of dough.
- Add the nuts and knead until well incorporated.
- Spray with non stick spray, cover and let it rise until it will double in size and then refrigerate for at least for 2 hours ( I like to leave mine overnight).
- Transfer the dough on the working surface. Divide in two equal parts. Form baguettes and transfer onto baking sheet lined with a parchment paper.
- Spray with a non stick spray or brush with some olive oil, cover and let it rise until the baguettes are nicely puffed up.
- Score the tops with a sharp knife.
- Bake in preheated oven to 180 C/350F for 30 to 35 minutes. Cool on the cooling wrack.
- You can serve it with melted camembert or brie cheese and cranberry sauce!