- 500 g pot cheese/farmers cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/4 cup of sugar 55 g
- 1/3 cup of flour 50 g plus more for dredging
- Oil for frying
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the eggs and farmers cheese until combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar and salt until combined.
- Add the flour mixture into the egg mixture and mix well until everything is incorporated. The dough will be sticky and slightly lumpy.
- Add 1/2 cup flour to a small bowl. Place two tablespoons ( I use ice cream scoop) of the cheese mixture into the flour and sprinkle flour over the top as well. With well-floured hands, form round patties and then remove excess flour by gently transferring the patty from one hand to another.
- Heat a non stick skillet on medium high heat. Add a few tablespoons of oil and fry the syrniki about 2-3 minutes on both sides.
- Transfer on paper towel to get rid of excess oil.
- Serve with dollop of sour cream, fresh fruits or your favorite jam. You can dust them with icing sugar.
Please follow and like us: