- 8 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup of icing sugar
- 150 g of chocolate
- 1 and 1/2 cup of flour
- 1 tsp of instant dry yeast
- 1/2 cup of lukewarm milk
- 1/4 cup of melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 150 g of cherries in a syrup
- Add a tsp of sugar, tbs of flour and yeast to the milk. Stir and set aside.
- Great the chocolate or process in a food processor
- To the mixing bowl add egg yolks and the rest of sugar and mix until pale and creamy. Add vanilla extract and mix a minute more.
- Add chocolate and mix until well combined.
- Add cinnamon and salt to the flour and whisk it together.
- Gradually add flour to your dough and knead for couple of minutes before adding melted butter.
- Knead for another 5 min, until the dough gets smooth. You might have to add tbs or two more of flour.
- When the dough is ready fold in the cherries.
- Spray the bundt cake form with a non stick spray and transfer the dough. Even it out and cover. Let it rise until doubled in size.
- Bake in preheated to 180 degrees oven for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Decorate with melted chocolate and reserved cherries.
- You can also add icing sugar to the juice reserved from cherries, creating delicious glaze.