- 1 and 1/2 cup of icing sugar 190 grams
- 1 cup of butter 230 grams
- 4 eggs
- 2 cup of pastry flour 250 grams
- 1/4 cup corn starch 30 grams
- 1 and 1/2 tsp of Baking powder
- 2 tsp of Vanilla extract
- food colouring
- Icing sugar
- Transfer the butter into you stan mixer equipped with a paddle attachment.
- Beat the butter until fluffy then add icing sugar and beat on medium low until creamy and pale colour.
- Add one egg at a time constantly beating.
- Add food colouring and vanilla extract.
- Mix the flour, corn starch and baking powder and sift into your batter. Mix until all is well incorporated. Do not over mix.
- Spray your heart shape baking pan with a non stick spray and dust with flour.
- Transfer you batter to the prepared pan and bake in preheated to 180 degrees celsius for 45 minutes. If your cake start browning too much, cover it with aluminum foil.
- You can dust your cake with icing sugar or decorate it with icing sugar glaze.
- Mix icing sugar with lemon juice, food colouring and a drop of hot water until spreading consistency and decorate your cake. You can add some sprinkles for more effect.