- 5 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar plus 2 tbs for yeast
- 4 cups of white all purpose flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tsp of instant yeast
- shot of vodka
- 1 cup of lukewarm milk
- hard marmalade of your choice
- 3 tbs of melted butter
- icing sugar for serving
- around 4 cups of oil for frying
- Sprinkle yeast over the milk, add 2 tbs sugar and 2 tbs flour. Mix well and let it rise for 20 minutes.
- Add rest of the sugar to egg yolks and whisk until pale yellow and fluffy.
- Add eggs mixture and yeast mixture to the flour and work the dough until smooth and elastic. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for an hour.
- Roll the dough on a floured surface in to half a centimeter thick circle. With a glass or a round cookie cutter cut circles.
- Put a tsp of marmalade in the middle of the circle and fold it in. let it rise for about half an hour.
- Put oil in a medium size pot to have it around inch high. Fry donuts on well heated oil for couple minutes on each side.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve.